Friday 11 May 2007

Comments

It's been a while since I've posted comment or even looked at my blog. Assignments from this subject and a 2000 word essay for another have taken most of my study time. Fortunately I think I'm on top of this subject at the moment. I'm re-reading through Module 5 in more depth and getting ready to begin the essay. On top of this I have many readings to do for my other subject and also my wife has started a community action group that is lobbying our local council not to shut down our childcare centres. If anybody is interested you can click on this link http://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/in_council/policies_and_plans/management_plan_feedback and about 1/2 way down the page you can see as space for comment:
Part B: Proposals identified for further investigation only(not contained in draft Management Plan)
Council has also seeking community feedback on several other potential service level variations which have not been fully investigated or costed to date. This means the full implications are not clear at this time. Any savings would be dedicated to infrastructure maintenance backlog unless otherwise indicated.
Child Care Centres
Investigate : Alternative commercial or community-based service providers for this service.

Please feel free to help us in our fight. Mainly, we are arguing that childcare is not an under utilized council service and is an essential social service. Privatization would only increase the financial burden on already struggling families.

Anyway thats what I've been up to away from uni. Looking forward to the essay and fighting the good fight.

No comments: